Tuesday, July 13, 2010

after a game of phone chase....

I have set the kids up with an ID doc in a nearby larger city. Shortly after we arrive home they will go all four at once to see that Dr. We live in a small town and I KNOW there are no ID doctors here.  I also know that in receiving care here their status will quickly become the talk of the town.  Yes I know that there are Hipaa rules. but I also know that small towns, and this one particularly will talk. I have no doubt at all that it would very quickly become public knowledge.  While I don't see any problems with them being positive, I also don't feel their private business needs to be spread about town. This is also why this blog will not name them. I should think of nicknames for them so as to write about our trials and trevails while keeping track of who has what and when. I think I will call them "Freckles", "Glamgirl" "LittleBit" and "AllBoy". We have other children but I will have to make up names for them as I go along. Too many to name all at once!

I do not know anyone with hiv. At least that I know of, as I know it is around, just not as visual as some other diseases. I am at a loss for how this will go. I have no one to guide me. No one to say yep, I get that. In writing this blog I am hoping to learn from others as well as have a place to record my thoughts and questions and be able to  go back and see how things have changed, evolved, what we have learned.

1 comment:

  1. When you get to your ID doctor, tell him you want to be connected with other families who have HIV+ kiddos. The ID doctor in SLC schedules all the adopted kids for the same morning so all the moms and kiddos can go out to lunch afterwards. He understands the importance of these little ones having eachother as a support.
    Congrats on your growing family!

    ReplyDelete