Tuesday, July 20, 2010

after several calls to several places

we finally have an appt for the kids when they return to the states. boy THAT wasnt easy! we struggle to find medical care for our other special needs kids with ortho issues. I thought oh well their condition is rare so thats why its hard to find a doc. but it has been just as daunting to find a doctor to see the kids with hiv. one place said oh ok so they want hiv? I was like heck no they dont WANT it. I am not going to PAY you to give it to them, they already HAVE IT! I also found out that the medication they are on is not a theraputic amount and likely is making things worse rather than better. but there is nothing I can do about that until they get here and see the Dr. The doctor herself called and touched base with me about how her clinic works. She likes to make sure there is a translater there at least on first visits so she can get a sense of what the kids think of things, what they know about hiv, etc.  She is very familiar with international adoptees  She wants me to find a clinic more locally to see them for their regular child medical needs like ear aches and such.. will have to look into that. So the kids have an appt on Sept 1. will be a big day for sure. all 4 kids on one day. two at 1130 and two more at 330.  I forgot to ask her about notifying our school district. but the appt is before the beginning of school so there is time for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment